Extruded Polystyrene Insulation
Polystyrene foam insulation board, also known as XPS board, mainly used in building facades, cold storage, air conditioning, vehicles, ships of the insulation system, more extensive use, then the XPS Board insulation board has what advantages and disadvantages?
The advantage of Polystyrene foam insulation board:
1. Low thermal conductivity. Because of the air hole group structure. Prevent the spread of air, the heat conduction coefficient is under 0.039.
2. Because 98% of foam insulation board space is filled with air, have sufficient capacity to buffer the impact of the outside world and by changing the shape, good anti impact ability;
3. low water absorption. Studies have shown that humidity will affect the thermal and mechanical properties, low water absorption materials help to maintain these properties;
4. Recyclable. The recovery degree is the highest in plastics;
5. The production process does not apply Freon;
6. The full life cycle energy consumption of plastics in the lowest
1. ‘R’value means resistance to heat flow, the higher the value the greater the Insulation. This Insulation must be properly installed to obtain the desired R-value.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
2. These laboratory test are not intended to describe the hazards presented by this material under actual fire conditions.
3. M e ets re q u i re m e n t s o f ASTM C 5 78
4. CFC/HCFC Free